Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (Leading to CSCS Green Card) - E-Learning
Each year in the UK, people are killed, injured and suffer work-related illnesses while carrying out their jobs so Health & Safety is a significant concern. The government, employers and workers all have an essential role to play in reducing deaths and accidents and preventing ill-health at work.
This course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry and can be used as part of their induction process or as preparation for the online accredited exam. Whilst this course, Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment provides you with a qualification in its own right, it can also form part of your CSCS Green Card application.
The course starts with an introduction to the legal aspects of health and safety before covering the basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. It then goes into detail to cover the most common hazards encountered in construction environments from Working at Height and Respiratory hazards to Electrical and Chemical hazards.Target Audience:
The course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry.
Module 01 - Introduction
Module 02 - Hazards, Risks, Assessments and Controls
Module 03 - Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height
Module 04 - Manual Handling
Module 05 - Plant, Machinery and Noise
Module 06 - Respiratory Risks
Module 07 - Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety
Module 08 - Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards
Module 09 - Vehicles, PPE and General Safety
Module 10 - Your Pathway to Your CSCS Card
- Each module has a multiple-choice assessment with a 70% pass rate. Candidates will be allowed up to three attempts to pass the training modules.
- Upon successful completion of the ten training modules, candidates will also need to complete the Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Accredited Exam which is included in this course cost.
- Candidates will be asked to select an exam date and will then be sent a verification code so that they can complete the exam on their chosen date.
*Please note that prior to the exam date, candidates will be sent instructions on how to set up the Proctor Online Recording system on their laptop/computer. This is so that the exam can be recorded and later invigilated.
The exam results will then be invigilated which can take up to 72 hours and then the candidate will be emailed their results.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive two certificates.
The first is a certificate for completing the training modules and this will be available on the candidate's online profile as soon as they have completed all ten modules. This certificate will not be accepted by the CSCS as part of the application process for the Green card.
The second certificate will be emailed directly to the candidate after they have completed the accredited exam and the results have been invigilated accordingly. Please note that the certificate can take up to ten days to be emailed to the candidate. This certificate will be accepted by the CSCS as part of the application process for the Green Card and is accredited by ETA Awards.
Recommended System Requirements:
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- Webcam/microphone for exam recording
Instructions for Exam:
We require a steady internet connection (Wi-Fi will berequired for mobile streaming) with a minimum upload speed of 1MB/sec, If theexam stops midway due to technical difficulties with your connection, a retakewill be required with a fee payable by the user.
- No talking out loud to read the questions.
- No eating/drinking
- No smoking/vaping
- No devices i.e. mobile/tablets
- No notes
- No one else in the room
- No headphones (if your microphone is part of yourheadphones please take them off and leave them on the desk)
- Please keep your face within view of the camera at alltimes
- 120 minutes for the training modules (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).
- 40 minutes for the examination.
This course is an alternative to the CITB Health and Safety Awareness course and includes the exam module within the course price. The exam is invigilated online and needs to be passed to receive the qualification. However, as with the CITB Health and Safety Awareness course, to obtain a CSCS Green card you must also complete and pass the Health and Safety Touch Screen test.
The Health and Safety Touch screen test and CSCS Registration fee is not included in the course price. The price of the Health and Safety Touch Screen test is £21.00 and can be carried out at approved testing centres throughout the UK.
Once you have completed and passed this course and completed and passed the Health and Safety touch screen test you can then apply for the CSCS Green card, which will cost £36.00. For further information please feel free to give us a call.