This is an E-Learning course
Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (Leading to CSCS Green Card) - E-Learning
Each year in the UK, people are killed, injured and suffer work-related illnesses while carrying out their jobs so Health & Safety is a significant concern. The government, employers and workers all have an essential role to play in reducing deaths and accidents and preventing ill-health at work.
This course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry and can be used as part of their induction process or as preparation for the online accredited exam. Whilst this course, Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment provides you with a qualification in its own right, it can also form part of your CSCS Green Card application.
The course starts with an introduction to the legal aspects of health and safety before covering the basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. It then goes into detail to cover the most common hazards encountered in construction environments from Working at Height and Respiratory hazards to Electrical and Chemical hazards.
The course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry.
Module 01 - Introduction
Module 02 - Hazards, Risks, Assessments and Controls
Module 03 - Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height
Module 04 - Manual Handling
Module 05 - Plant, Machinery and Noise
Module 06 - Respiratory Risks
Module 07 - Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety
Module 08 - Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards
Module 09 - Vehicles, PPE and General Safety
Module 10 - Your Pathway to Your CSCS Card
- Each module has a multiple-choice assessment with a 70% pass rate. Candidates will be allowed up to three attempts to pass the training modules. Please note that if the training modules are not passed, candidates will not be able to go on to complete the accredited exam and will be required to purchase an additional training modules license and complete again.
- Upon successful completion of the ten training modules, candidates will also need to complete the Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Accredited Exam which is included in this course cost.
The exam results will then be invigilated which can take up to 72 hours and then the candidate will be emailed their results.
Upon successful completion of the exam. candidates will achieve a certificate accredited by ETA Awards.
Please note that certificates will be emailed within 10 working days, after the exam recording has been invigilated.
- Browser: Google Chrome
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
- Webcam/microphone for exam recording
We require a steady internet connection (Wi-Fi will be required for mobile streaming) with a minimum upload speed of 1MB/sec, If the exam stops midway due to technical difficulties with your connection, a retake will be required with a fee payable by the user. Please note that you will also be required to share your screen at all times during the exam.