This is an E-Learning course
Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (Leading to CSCS Green Card) - E-Learning
Each year in the UK, people are killed, injured and suffer work-related illnesses while carrying out their jobs so Health & Safety is a significant concern. The government, employers and workers all have an essential role to play in reducing deaths and accidents and preventing ill-health at work.
This course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry and can be used as part of their induction process or as preparation for the online accredited exam. Whilst this course, Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment provides you with a qualification in its own right, it can also form part of your CSCS Green Card application.
The course starts with an introduction to the legal aspects of health and safety before covering the basics of risk assessment and safe working practices. It then goes into detail to cover the most common hazards encountered in construction environments from Working at Height and Respiratory hazards to Electrical and Chemical hazards.
The course is aimed at people starting out in the construction industry.
Module 01 - Introduction
Module 02 - Hazards, Risks, Assessments and Controls
Module 03 - Slips, Trips, Falls and Working at Height
Module 04 - Manual Handling
Module 05 - Plant, Machinery and Noise
Module 06 - Respiratory Risks
Module 07 - Fire, Electricity and Gas Safety
Module 08 - Chemicals and Other Onsite Hazards
Module 09 - Vehicles, PPE and General Safety
Module 10 - Your Pathway to Your CSCS Card
- Each module has a multiple-choice assessment with a 70% pass rate. Candidates will be allowed up to three attempts to pass the training modules.
- Upon successful completion of the ten training modules, candidates will also need to complete the Level 1 Health and Safety in a Construction Environment Accredited Exam which is included in this course cost.
- Candidates will be asked to select an exam date and will then be sent a verification code so that they can complete the exam on their chosen date.
*Please note that prior to the exam date, candidates will be sent instructions on how to set up the Proctor Online Recording system on their laptop/computer. This is so that the exam can be recorded and later invigilated.
We require a steady internet connection (Wi-Fi will be required for mobile streaming) with a minimum upload speed of 1MB/sec, If the exam stops midway due to technical difficulties with your connection, a retake will be required with a fee payable by the user.
- Must have photo ID
- No talking out loud to read the questions.
- No eating/drinking
- No smoking/vaping
- No devices i.e. mobile/tablets
- No notes
- No one else in the room
- No headphones (if your microphone is part of your headphones please take them off and leave them on the desk)
- Please keep your face within view of the camera at all times