Collection, Use and Security of Data
We collect data, which might include limited personal data, when site users make enquiries and bookings through the website or through contact with our customer services personnel.
This data is used for the processing of enquiries and bookings, and we may need to collect certain personal information, such as names, telephone numbers, addresses and email address to process enquiries and bookings. Although less frequently required, for some courses, it may also be necessary to collect additional data, for example, date of birth and perhaps NI number to process a booking, as dependent on the accredited scheme requirements.
We do not collect or retain credit or debit card details on our website or on our servers, as payment processing is carried out using a secure third-party service.
We will continually aim to update and improve the security of our website, servers and computer systems, and to this end we are fully PCI DSS compliant.
• Pre-populate enquiry and bookings forms so you do not have to re-enter data.
• Help pre-configure the site to use your location when a postcode has been entered to improve the search results for course locations.
Marketing Permissions and Reminder Emails
Reminder emails – some courses have mandatory or recommended requalification periods and we provide an email reminder service to let booking contacts know when requalification periods are about to expire.
General marketing emails may also be sent out to let users know about special offers, industry specific news, etc. From the end of May 2018 the website includes tick box capability to allow users to positively opt in to receive general marketing emails.
Users can change their settings at any time by unsubscribing on a general marketing email received or by contacting our customer services personnel.
Some information and e-mails sent to Bookmycourse may be used as testimonials but only where we have express permission to do so.
Bookmycourse will not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent. We will only release personal data as outlined below:
• Where the data is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us, for example, where it is essential to release certain personal data to Third Party training providers for bookings to be processed successfully, and only as necessary in order to complete a transaction that you specifically request.
• To professional and IT advisers as part of their duties and where they are bound by their own codes of practice of non-disclosure.
• If legally obliged to by a UK Government agency.
Links to third party websites, including ad servers or ad networks may appear on the Bookmycourse website. We do not provide any personally identifiable information to these third parties without your acceptance as part of a specific program. Whilst Bookmycourse monitors and takes great care in selection, evaluation and monitoring of such third parties, we cannot be responsible for the availability, suitability, reliability or content of such third-party websites and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time and continued use of the Bookmycourse web site indicates your agreement to the policy and any subsequent amendments.
This Privacy Statement was last modified on 21st May 2018.