Working at Height
Aimed at people whose work involves exposure to a fall from height, whether in construction, maintenance, cleaning or access. The course looks at the health and safety implications of working at height, providing knowledge of potential hazards and control measures, including fall arrest protection. Outcomes:
- Learning World certificate of attendance with course contents. Assessment:
- Multiple choice question paper. Course Content:
- Work at Height Regulations and legislation.
- Organisation and planning work.
- Risk assessments.
- The safe use, maintenance and care of fall arrest protection equipment.
- The range of fall protection equipment and practical use of the equipment.
- Correct fitting of a safety harness combined with a variety of fall protection equipment.
- Working methods, inc. restraint, work positioning and fall arrest using both fixed and temporary methods.
- Hierarchy of fall prevention and protection measures set out in the Work at Height Regulations.
- Pre-use checks, installation, methods of use and possible defects for specific types of fall protection.
- Provisional Use of Work Equipment Regulation (PUWER) 1998.
Registration is at 7:45 for an 8:00 start
Safe Use and Inspection of Harness and Lanyard
Intended for construction operatives, supervisors and managers who work with or require knowledge of fall arrest protection equipment.
This course develops competency for working on roofs, with ladders and steps, as well as knowledge of the safe and correct use of harnesses. The course also underpins the need for safety, highlights the dangers associated with working at height, the governing legislation, what kinds of work would require a safety harness, as well as how to inspect Harness & Lanyards for faults and damage to ensure they are safe to use. We can also include any inspection sheets your company use within the course, please ask for more details.Course Content:
- Current legislation
- Fall prevention
- Fall arrest systems
- Safety awareness
- Planning and risk assessments
- Safety awareness
- Practical exerciseAssessment
: Written and practical to prove competency. Certification
: A trainer's certificate of attendance with course content (valid for 3 years).