The aim of this course is to provide delegates with training to improve their knowledge and practical understanding of the hazards, risks and control associated with working safely at heights.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for roof workers, scaffolders, tradespersons, steel workers, powered access operators and all persons required to work at heights.
- Course introduction
- Overview of current legislation, ACOPs, and industry best practice
- Hierarchy of control associated with working at height
- Risk Assessment to include relevant practical exercises
- Fall prevention measures to include scaffolds, portable aluminium towers, MEWPs and other forms of edge protection
- Fall arrest to include safety nets, bags, safety harnesses, running lines etc
- Working safely on roofs
- Fragile surfaces
- Falling objects precautions
- Use of other access equipment to include ladders, step ladders and trestles
- Summative assessment and close
Certification and Assessment
Delegates will be assessed on their input throughout the training session. On successful completion delegates will receive an in house certificate. Course certification lasts 3 years.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Course
PASMA, CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme.