Course Duration: One day
The course will provide you with thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor including a sound understanding of the risk management of temporary works.
The course is supported by the Temporary Work Forum, CECA, UKCG, HSE and FMB.
The course is aimed at ensuring the delegate gains a sound understanding of:
- Risk management of temporary works
- The importance of communications, co-operation, co-ordination and competency in managing temporary works as a TWS
- Legal duties
- The roles and responsibilities of the TWS
- The role of other temporary work process
- An understanding of the TWS relevant aspects if BS 5975:2008+A1:2011
The course also gives emphasis, throughout, the importance of:
- The '4Cs' (communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency)
- Risk management: safety and also business related
- You must have experience in being responsible for managing all forms of temporary works.
- You must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
Additional Information: Please note that CITB books will not be included in this course however, all relevant information will be given in the form of handouts.