Written with guidance from the UK's leading experts on ladder manufacture, maintenance and safety, the Ladder Association scheme addresses all the issues raised by the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and, more recently, the Work at Height Regulations 2005. This one day training course will ensure delegates have the knowledge and instruction to be able to use and select ladders and step ladders legally and safely.
On successful completion, delegates will receive a certificate of competence and a Ladder Association photograph identity card (valid 5 years).
Course aims and objectives
To enable delegates to:
- Select appropriate work at height equipment for a task
- Assess and determine when it is appropriate to use ladders and stepladders
- Correctly locate and safely use ladders and stepladders
- Pre-use inspection of ladders and stepladders for damage
- Accurately record details of ladders
- Identify component parts using industry standard naming conventions
- Thoroughly inspect ladders and stepladders, and identify safety critical faults
- Record your findings in accordance with statutory requirements
- Recommend action to be taken if faults found.
And ensure delegates have an understanding of:
- The relevant legislation and guidance and approved Code of Practice (ACOPs)
- The difference between pre-use and formal inspections
- Common manufacturing processes used, and their implications
- The difference between maintenance and repairs and who is allowed to do them
- The correct methods of disposal of equipment at the end of its working life
- Legal requirements and guidance
- Initial inspection
- Asset register
- Inspection procedures
- Inspection Documentation
- Manufacturing techniques
- Product standards and classifications for ladders and stepladders
- Hazards affecting the use of ladders and stepladders
- Ladders and component parts
- Work at Height regulations
- Standards and classifications
- Planning, organising, Selecting and Using)
- Assessing risks
- Theory test, practical test and assessments
This trainer offers:
- All of our courses take place in our indoor training centre, so no course is ever cancelled due to inclement weather
- Industry recognised qualifications, obtained with ease
- Expert tuition from highly qualified professionals
- Improved understanding through advanced learning techniques
- An enjoyable experience in a lively, interactive environment
- Modern, state of the art warehouse and training facilities.
Training will be carried out at our fully equipped training centre, (Indoor training area available in case of inclement weather).
What to bring with you:
- Hi visibility vest/jacket
- Hard hat
- Safety boots
- Rigger gloves
- Other PPE will be issued during the practical session as required
Stocks of PPE will be available to purchase should you require.