This course is for first line managers who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues as well as an understanding of the legal responsibilities relevant to work activities.
SSSTS is an ideal introduction for those supervisors who have had some or little previous health and safety training. The course can be undertaken as a precursor to the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
Intended to give site supervisors a clear understanding of how health and safety affects their role, what is expected of them and the practical steps they can take to ensure a safe site.
The course is designed to engage delegates through group discussions, exercises and sharing best practice. Course information is reinforced through case studies. Outcomes:
• Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate.
• Progression to SMSTS course. Assessment:
• The delegates are assessed on a continual basis, leading to a final exam. Course Content:
• The Health & Safety at Work Act and relevant regulations.
• Health and welfare.
• Developing a health and safety management system.
• Occupational health.
• Fire prevention and control.
• Risk assessments.
• CDM Regulations 2007.
• Hazardous substances (COSHH)
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Manual handling.
• Specific site issues (e.g. working at height, demolition, excavation, scaffolding, electricity, confined spaces).
• Toolbox talks.
• Management of contractors
Course Times: Registration is at 7:45 for an 8:00 start
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.