The CITB Site Safety Supervisor Training Scheme (SSSTS) health and safety course is designed for first line mangers looking to continue or take on a supervisory role within the construction industry. The course takes place over two days and will teach health and safety skills needed to maintain a safe site.
Courses are carried out by our fully trained HSE/CITB accredited instructors and the training will be of a high quality standard throughout. All instructors possess the NEBOSH Construction Certificate as minimum. Course Aims
The concise SSSTS courses will provide you with the skills to:
• Identify problem areas found in the construction industry.
• Understand and appreciate proactive and reactive monitoring.
• Perform risk assessments and recognise the importance of method statements.
• Have an understanding of the way the health and safety laws are structured.
• Learn the skills needed to perform on site inductions, method statement briefs and toolbox talk. Duration
2 days Assessment
A multi choice assessment is conducted at the end of the training. Who should attend
This course is for first line managers – those who have to, or are about to, acquire supervisory responsibilities. Course Content
The SSSTS training course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction Industry (and other workplaces), including:
• Site Set Up
• Risk Assessment
• Method Statements
• Confined Spaces. Course Materials
All course materials required are provided and will be made available to you on the day. Entry Requirements
The training is carried out in accordance with Nationally Accredited Standards, leading to each delegate being issued a certificate of attainment from the CITB Construction Skills.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.