About this course
The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme course and can provide proof of successful attendance.
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
What will you learn?
The aim of the one-day refresher course is to help delegates to improve their awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health,safety, welfare and environmental issues and will:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health and Safety Executive direction of enforcement.
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation and health and safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices.
On successful completion, delegates will:
- Be aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor.
- Be aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes.
- Be more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regard to health,safety, welfare and the environment.
Successful candidates can go on to complete the 5 day site managers safety training scheme (SMSTS) course designed for site managers and supervisors.
- Course introduction - GE706 ‘Site Supervision Simplified’
- Current enforcement priorities
- Health and Safety Law
- (Regulatory Reform) Fire Order and Fire Prevention
- Occupational Health
- Respiratory risks
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
- Hazardous Substances COSHH
- COSHH Assessments
- Occupational Dermatitis
- COSHH Regulations / CDM controls
- Work at Height Regulations
- Manual Handling
- Muscular Skeletal
- Communications GT 700 Tool Box Talks
- Examination - Multiple choice question paper (delegates need to achieve 18 out of 25)
Successful candidates will be awarded the Site Safety Plus CITB SiteSupervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher Certificate (SSSTS). This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Need a course at your organisation? If you have a group of 6 or more employees requiring training, we can run an SSSTS Refresher course on a private basis, at a venue of your choice on a date that suits you. We can tailor the course to meet your needs and requirements. Please contact Book My Course for further emails.