Who Should Attend?
The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme course and can provide proof of successful attendance.
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course. The SSSTS Refresher course aims to:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health and Safety Executives direction of enforcement.
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation, health & safety, waste, environmental issues and measures that support the implementation of responsibilities under new legislation.
At the end of the CITB SSSTS Refresher courses delegates will:
- Be aware of their responsibilities under Health & Safety welfare and environmental issues.
- Be able to implement all relevant legislation which effects them as a supervisor.
- Be more aware of their duties and responsibilities to manage their daily activities.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.