Who Should Attend?
People who currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate - the certificate has to be renewed every five years by attending this SMSTS Refresher course.
The course aims to give candidates an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare and current health and safety legislation including risk assessment
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Current focus of HSE’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2)
- Reporting of Accidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction to include:
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002
- Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Fire on construction sites including Fire Safety Order 2005
- Construction waste and Site Waste Management Plans
Candidates will gain qualification/certification in:
- ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus certificate.
Candidates must already hold a Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Certificate that has been gained within the previous five years.
This is a combination of classroom based theory and turorials. Candidates will be continuously assessed throughout the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.