This course is for delegates who have previously passed the 2 day Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) and now need to update their skills and knowledge in line with current legislation whilst maintaining their SSSTS qualification.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- How health and safety law is currently structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling site safety
- Carrying out site inductions, briefings and tool box talks
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Improving communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
- GE 706
- GT 700
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Further Course Notes
The SSSTS Refresher course meets the criteria for CITB grants.
We will give full support for the application of this grant.
Free parking is available on site.
We provide each delegate with a buffet lunch on all our full day courses.
Delegates must hold and be able to provide proof of an existing SSSTS certificate before attending this course.