The CITB Construction Skills SSSTS Course is designed for team leaders, foremen, gangers, first line managers and supervisors with supervisory responsibilities and a need to understand their legal duties within the construction industry. Through an understanding of legal responsibilities supervisors can better contribute to the instruction, supervision and monitoring of safety on site. The SSSTS course is an ideal foundation for attaining a basic understanding of health & safety duties and responsibilities for junior management in construction work. This course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.Course Duration:
Awarding Body: CITB Construction Skills
Who Should Attend The SSSTS Course
Suitable for those who have or who are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities in the construction industry.
What Will You Get From The SSSTS Course
The SSSTS site safety training course, includes the following elements:
- An introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for supervisors requiring an understanding of the legal responsibilities relevant to their work in safely managing a construction site.
- An understanding of the occupational health problems within the construction industry and what is expected of site supervisors.
- An understanding of how health and safety law is structured – Identifying how their supervisory role links in with the site manager’s role in controlling site safety
- How to carry out risk assessments and understanding the need for method statements
- A basic understanding of fire prevention & control, control of hazardous substances, construction design management regulations (CDM), working at height, personal protective equipment (PPE), manual handling, accidents and first aid.
- Carrying out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understanding and appreciating the need for proactive and reactive monitoring.
- Candidates will be expected to interact during the course and will be assessed using a multiple choice question format at the end of the course. Having successfully completed this course, a natural progression would be to the five day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
Delegates who attend will be required to satisfactorily complete a multiple choice test at the end of the course to confirm their understanding of the subjects covered.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Please note that if you are a CITB levy payer and wish to apply for the CITB grant, this training provider requires you to complete a CITB Claim Form before the course start date. Please note that the trainer will be unable to apply for the grant retrospectively and unfortunately, we are not able to accept any responsibility for any claims not submitted. If you require a CITB Claim Form to be sent to you, please contact our office on 01933 233884.