Who Is This Course Designed For
This one day course is intended for delegates who have previously passed the full SSSTS course or subsequent Refresher course. As of 31st December 2015, the refresher course must be completed before the candidates current certificate expires.
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The course includes a wide range of tops, many building on the previous two day course programme as well as introducing new subjects.
- Health and Safety facts, figures and accident statistics
- Changes to RIDDOR
- New legislation
- Changes to HSE guidance and industry best practice
- Construction (Design & Management) Regulations
- Duties holders, tasks and responsibilities
- Recent prosecutions under CDM
- Designer Red, Amber and Green lists
- Site Waste Management Plans
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Vibration Regulations
- Noise Regulations
- Asbestos Regulations (amendments)
- Behavioural change based management
- Fire prevention and precautions
- LOLER other than cranes (excavators used as cranes)
- Excavator hitches
- Significant prosecutions
- HSE enforcement campaigns
On completion of the course and successfully passing the end of course multiple choice test the delegates will be awarded the CITB's Construction Site Supervisor's Safety Refresher Certificate.