This one day course is intended for delegates who have previously passed the full SSSTS course or subsequent Refresher course and can provide proof of attendance (i.e. most recent certificate the date no more than five years and six months since completing the last SSSTS course).
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The course includes a wide range of topics many building on the previous two day course programme as well as introducing new subjects.Course Objectives
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues; and
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices.
At the end of the period of training, Delegates will be:
- Aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
It is assumed that supervisors attending this course have been working within construction so have put into practice on a daily or routine basis the information originally gained during their previous SSSTS training. Supervisors will therefore come to this course with an existing good and comprehensive knowledge of construction health, safety and welfare management.
The course will also enable supervisors to continue to demonstration their health and safety competence for Contract as defined under the CDM Regulations 2015.Assessment/ Certification
Assessment is determined by reaching a minimum level of achievement against four criteria:
- Full attendance of all CITB SSSTS Refresher training course sessions.
- An overall review by the course tutor.
- A pass mark in the question multi-choice test.
Successful delegate(s) will be awarded the Site Safety Plus CITB Construction Site Supervisor Safety Training Refresher Certificate (SSSTS). This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
Please note that CITB Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and delegate(s) will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Delegates will receive all course books and materials required for the successful completion of the course. In addition, delegates will have the option to purchase additional training materials and publications to supplement their learning and development.
Refreshments and a light lunch are provided on full day courses. Specific information will be included within the course joining instructions.