- To provide updated information and areas of responsibility for health, safety and environment concentrating on risks specifically found when working on Petrol Forecourts.
- To understand the implications of hazard recognition/risk assessment and the effects on individuals and the employer.
- To demonstrate how individual behaviour can help reduce accidents.
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
- Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health safety & environment.
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when change to a generic assessment is required.
- Understand the common hazards associated with working in this sector.
- Start of the day preparations, the contractor, work and personal protective equipment
- Paperwork review, risk assessments, method statements,clearance certificates and permits
- Driving for work hazards and controls, pre work safety check list, communications
- Fuel hazards, hazardous areas and control measures
- Excavations and work at height, confined spaces and electricity on a forecourt
- Hazardous substances and controls, noise and vibration
- Environmental considerations and control measures
Successfully completing all assessment papers will result in a safety passport being issued. The renewed passport is valid for 3 years and can be refreshed any time during the 6 months before the expiry date.
Please note that this price is inclusive of both the SPA and COGENT fees.