Duration: 2 days
The CITB SMSTS Refresher training course is designed to ensure that personnel maintain and up-date their current health and safety knowledge. The course covers changes to legislation, approved codes of practice and best working practice within the industry.
Individuals wishing to renew their SMSTS training certificate must provide a copy of the original five-day course certificate. Details of the course venue and the date of the course should also be provided if known. Only those individuals who have passed the five day course and provided evidence of this will be eligible to take the two day refresher course.
Upon completion of this course, delegate(s) will be able to:
- Appreciate recent developments in construction legislation accident causes, costs and reasons for prevention.
- Understand the legal system, relevant legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance, Notes Codes of Practice and Case Law.
- Conduct risk assessments.
- Monitor health and safety performance.
- Understand best practice in the management of sub-contractors.
- Disseminate information to operatives and sub-contractors.
The main areas covered by the syllabus are:
- Introduction to Health and Safety Management.
- Managing Health and Safety.
- Responsibilities of Supervisors and Managers.
- Measuring and Auditing health and safety performance.
- Control of hazards and risks.
Assessment is determined by reaching a minimum level of achievement against four criteria:
- Full attendance of all CITB SMSTS training course sessions.
- Performance in each of the four core exercises.
- An overall review by the course tutor.
- A pass mark in the question multi-choice test.
Successful delegate(s) will be awarded the Site Safety Plus CITB Construction Site Management Safety Training Refresher Certificate (SMSTS). This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
Please note that CITB Site Management certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and delegate(s) will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Delegates will receive all course books and materials required for the successful completion of the course. In addition, delegates will have the option to purchase additional training materials and publications to supplement their learning and development.