The two-day refresher course aims to:
- Improve awareness of recent changes within the construction industry on such subjects as legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Recognise measures that will assist in the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices
At the end of the course, delegates will be:
- Aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which will affect them in their role as a site manager
- Aware of, and be able to implement new guidance to their industry and best practice
- More aware of their obligations and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
A highly participative course, case study exercises for House Building, Civil Engineering, Factories & ancillary buildings, Demolitions, Refurbishment and New Roads & Street Works are used to aid you throughout the course. Delivery is made via power point presentation enhanced with videos and group exercises.
Books Provided: GE 700
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Further Course Notes
The SMSTS Refresher course meets the criteria for CITB grants.
Free parking is available on site.