This 2 day CITB SMSTS Refresher certificate training course is designed to ensure that personnel maintain and update their current health and safety knowledge. The course covers changes to legislation, approved codes of practice and best working practice within the industry. All Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)certificates issued after 1st January 2001 are valid for a five year period from the date of issue. This two day refresher course will enable current SMSTS certificate holders to renew their qualification.
Please note: This course can only be attended by current and valid CITB SMSTS certificate holders. Individuals wishing to renew their SMSTS certificate must provide a copy of the original five-day course certificate.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Appreciate recent developments in construction legislation accident causes, costs and reasons for prevention
- Understand the legal system, relevant legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes Codes of Practice and Case Law
- Conduct risk assessments Monitor health and safety performance
- Understand best practice in the management of sub-contractors
- Disseminate information to operatives and sub-contractors.
Duration: 2 days
A multi choice assessment is conducted at the end of the training.
Who should attend?
It is intended for project managers, site managers and supervisors as well as proprietors of small to medium companies. Client-based personnel also benefit by attending the course. The course is also intended for people that want to develop as a Site Manager.
The main areas covered by the syllabus are:
- Introduction to Health and Safety Management
- Managing Health and Safety
- Responsibilities of Supervisors and Managers
- Measuring and Auditing health and safety performance
- Control of hazards and risks
All course materials required are provided and will be made available to you on the day.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Site Safety Plus CITB Construction Site Management Safety Training Certificate (SMSTS). This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.