Course Start Time: Delegates must arrive by 8am
Course Aims and Objectives
The refresher course aims to:
- improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues and;
- identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be:
- aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
- more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the full SSSTS course or subsequent refresher course and can provide proof of attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics many building on the previous five-day course programme as well as introducing new subjects.
Only those delegates who hold an existing SSSTS or subsequent refresher course and provided evidence to the training provider before attending the course are eligible to attend the refresher course. Failure to attend the refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require delegates to re-enter the scheme by completing the full SSSTS course if they wish to remain in the scheme.
If a delegate cannot provide a copy of their certificate, it may be possible to receive confirmation your Cskills Awards customer co-ordinator on 0344 994 4020. Your customer co-ordinator will require delegate information such as registration number, date of birth or National Insurance Number in order to locate the appropriate record. If an individual cannot be located on the system and no evidence of their certificate can be found, they will have to attend the full SSSTS course.
Failure to gain evidence of achievement of an original SSSTS course will result in the course being processed as attendance only and a certificate will not be issued.