This course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
- Health and safety: facts and figures, accident prevention. Health and safety system in the UK
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulation
- Health and safety and the manager
- Working at Height
- Management of contractors
- Health and safety management for plant, equipment and systems of work
- Health and safety management on site
- Monitoring health and safety
- Health and safety communication training
- Construction health and safety
- How to carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitor site activities effectively
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
The course is 5 days in duration. The successful completion of this course is by continual assessment and end exams.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.