The Site Manager's Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course is the most recognised training course for site managers in the UK. It is accredited by the CITB, and covers all aspects of health and safety on site.
Who is the course for?
Individuals responsible for planning, organising, monitoring controlling and administering a work force on site. Typically there would be site managers, potential site managers, and senior staff with health & safety responsibilities.
Course content includes:
- Health & Safety legal responsibilities
- Managing Health & Safety at work
- Risk assessments
- Management of sub-contractors
- Measuring & monitoring of performance
- Hazards - Asbestos, Electricity, Fire
- New Roads & Streetworks
- Working at Height
- Personal protection
Completion of the course:
Course assessment is determined by achievement in four criteria:
- Full attendance of all sessions
- Key excercises undertaken during the course
- Overall assessment by the course tutor
- Written examination paper
Successful delegates will receive the SMSTS certificate awarded by the CITB, and be entered onto the CITB Construction Training Register.