The CITB SMSTS Course is a step by step programme of practical and engaging guidance with a sharp construction focus, unlike any other health and safety course. The CITB Construction Skills Site Safety Plus – Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) was devised to instruct site managers and potential site managers, to develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of their legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites.
The SMSTS course is one of the most highly respected qualifications for persons who are responsible for the management of construction activities such as construction, building maintenance or facilities management. Many employers insist that all their site managers hold the certificate. You’ll find a practical programme which is full of step-by-step guidance. But you’ll also find that the highly innovative format and content engages and inspires delegates.
What Will You Get From The SMSTS Course
The course content includes the following topics delivered over 5 days.
- Introduction to health and safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
- Overviews/explanations of CDM Regulations and other relevant construction regulations
- Accidents – costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting systems
- Risk assessment and risk control
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
- Management of contractors
- Development of ’safe systems of work’ and permit systems
- Effective communications on site
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error
- Motivating good safety behaviour
- Construction company’s duties and responsibilities
- Responsibilities of Managers, Supervisors and Operatives
- Planning for health and safety management on a project, including work at height, confined spaces, excavations, electricity, scaffolding and demolition
It also includes recent changes in accepted working practices. Price includes the construction skills publication Construction Site Safety – Health, Safety and Environmental Information Manual (GE700), registration, certification and exam fees.
Delegates will undergo continuous assessment via individual and group exercises, plus a multiple-choice test.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Please note that if you are a CITB levy payer and wish to apply for the CITB grant, this training provider requires you to complete a CITB Claim Form before the course start date. Please note that the trainer will be unable to apply for the grant retrospectively and unfortunately, we are not able to accept any responsibility for any claims not submitted. If you require a CITB Claim Form to be sent to you, please contact our office on 01933 233884.