What’s the course all about?
The nationally recognised Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus accredited SMSTS training course is an essential part of modern day site Management safety training.
What will I learn?
This course aims to bring your health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the original five day course programme as well as introducing new subjects.
Exactly What Will I Do?
The aims of this course are to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and new working practices
At the end of the course delegates will be:
- Aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice
- More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Who should attend? Anyone who has previously attended and passed the five day SMSTS course and can provide proof of attendance.
Student Requirements: Previous attendance on an SMSTS course.
How long will it last? 2 days
How many will be there? Maximum of 20
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.