SMSTS 5 Day
This course provides delegates with an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare, current health and safety legislations. Possession of this qualification is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.
Who should attend?
This five-day course is designed for construction site managers, agents, quantity surveyors, construction directors and project directors, and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
Course Content and Duration
This 5 day course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce. The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce. This training Course trains candidates to manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role.
Areas covered include;
-The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Reporting of Injuries Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995
- Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Provision & use of Work Equipment 1998
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
- Confined Spaces
- Syndicate Exercises
- 4 x Core Exercises (including Risk Assessment, Site Briefings and Site Setup)
- 25 Question Multiple Choice Examination
Assessment & Award
The method of assessment will be by exercises, a case study and an end of course examination.
Delegates are required to attend all sessions, since without full attendance the Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate will not be awarded. Delegates must attend the days in order, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate.
If this is not possible the Delegate must enrol on a new course and retake the full five day course.
During the daily courses per Certificates are valid for 5 years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Online Training Details:
- Course Times: 09:00-15:00
- You will need access to PC or Ipad with camera
- You will be sent link to course 15 minutes before the course starts
- Recommended browser is Google Chrome
- Course exam to be completed after the course within 24 hours
- You must have photo ID