Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for project and site managers, supervisors and beneficial for SME owners. Possession of this qualification demonstrates a standard of competence as a site manager.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries.
The course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role.
- Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare, and recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work.
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice.
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.