The SMSTS two day refresher course is the perfect way to bring health and safety knowledge up to date. As well as giving a thorough understanding of legislation, the course also covers health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, enabling compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- HSE 's Focus of attention
- Review of legislation implemented since qualification
- New guidelines dealing with Risk assessment, Stress in the workplace and training for a safer and better industry
- Consultation between management and employees
- Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 1994
- Fires on construction sites
- Motivational aspects
- Protection of the public
- Regulation which affect the everyday safe working of a site
- Recent health and safety prosecutions
- European developments
- What's to come?
The course material is evaluated by means of a multi-choice assessment paper.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.