The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme course and can provide proof of successful attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
The aims and objectives:
The refresher course aims to:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health and Safety Executive direction of enforcement.
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation and health and safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and working practices.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be able to:
- Be aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor.
- Be aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes.
- Be more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Only those delegates who hold an existing Site Supervisor’s certificate and provided evidence to the training provider before attending the course are eligible to attend the refresher course. Failure to attend the refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require the delegate to re-enter the scheme by completing the full Site Supervisors’ Safety Training Scheme course if they wish to remain in the scheme.
Failure to gain evidence of achievement of the original course will result in the course being processed a attendance only and a certificate will not be issued.
Certification: Course valid for 5 years
Course Times: Registration is at 7:45 for an 8:00 start
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.