Environmental issues are becoming increasingly important to businesses of all sizes. Key issues include pollution, waste management, transport, energy and water. This course aims to raise awareness of environmental issues in construction activities.
Course Duration: 1 day.
Who Should Attend?
The Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) is aimed at Site Managers and Site Supervisors but would be equally useful to all employees working in construction activities.
This Site Environmental Awareness training course aims to give an understanding of:
- The environmental impacts of construction activities
- The relevant legislation applying to construction and how to achieve compliance
- Good environmental practice on site
This SEATS training course covers:
- The environment and why it matters
- Environmental management systems
- Contaminated land
- Waste management
- Pollution Prevention and water management
- Statutory nuisance, communication, archeology and heritage
- Energy and resources
- Being a responsible contractor
Certification and Assessment:
Assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course, as well as actively taking part during the course.
Successful delegates will be awarded with a CITB certificate, which is valid for five years.
Suggested Follow On and Complementary Courses:
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme.
- CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate.
Usually 8.45am start. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.