The latest edition of the Site Safety Plus framework; this one-day course is designed for Site Managers and Supervisors. In addition to the SMSTS and SSSTS qualifications, this course covers environmental issues on a construction site in more detail.
Ratio: 20 x Trainees (Max) - 1 Instructor.
Duration: 6-8 hrs contact time. (1 Day)
Location: In House or at our training centres nationally.
This training course is designed to enable Site Supervisors and Site Managers to:
- Understand the environmental impacts of construction processes.
- Understand the relevant legislation and how to regulate it.
- Understand how to achieve compliance.
- Understand best practice techniques to use on site.
By the end of the CITB Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) course, delegates will be able to:
- Implement best practice techniques on site.
- Implement and regulate correct and appropriate legislation.
- Understand the environmental impacts of the construction process.
This SEATS training course contains the following topics:
- Why is the environment important?
- Environmental Management Systems.
- Contaminated Land.
- Waste Management.
- Pollution and Water Management.
- Being a Good Neighbour.
- Energy and Resources.
For in company courses, an hour of training can be dedicated to reflect individual company requirements or sector-specific issues (please note that this material will not be included in the exam).
Delegates will also have a ‘Being Responsible’ group discussion where they will be encouraged to discuss ideas of how they will implement changes on site.
Courses are carried out by our fully trained HSE/CITB accredited instructors and the training will be of a high quality standard throughout. All instructors possess the NEBOSH Construction Certificate as minimum.
Location of Training:
Training can be delivered In-House or at our training facilities nationwide. Training delivered on site will be more advantageous to the trainees as the training can be specific to their workplace activities and costs to the client are significantly reduced.
Pen/Pencil/Notepad, all other training equipment is provided.
A 25 question multi choice assessment is conducted at the end of the training.
The training is carried out in accordance with Nationally Accredited Standards, leading to each delegate being issued a certificate of attainment from the CITB Construction Skills.