This latest addition to the Site Safety Plus suite will provide candidates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites. It is designed to meet the basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain are required to prove to major contractors, and covers the environmental aspects of the new touch screen Health, safety and environment test.
The SEATS course will provide you with the skills to:
- Understand the Environmental impacts of construction processes
- Understand the relevant legislation and how to regulate it
- Understand How to achieve compliance
- Understand best practice techniques to use on site.
Duration: 1 day.
Assessment: A multi-choice assessment is conducted at the end of the training.
Who should attend:
This course is for Site Managers and Supervisors. In addition to the SMSTS and SSSTS qualifications, this course covers environmental issues on a construction site in more detail.
The SEATS training course covers the following subjects:
- Why is the environment important
- Environmental Management Systems
- Contaminated land
- Waste Management
- Pollution and Water Management
- Being a good neighbour
- Energy and Resources
- Being a responsible contractor
All course materials required are provided and will be made available to you on the day.
Entry Requirements: Nil.
The training is carried out in accordance with Nationally Accredited Standards, leading to each delegate being issued a certificate of attainment from the CITB Construction Skills.