SEATS Training (CITB) - Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme
About this course:
This course is intended for those who have management responsibilities on a construction site and therefore targets site supervisors, site managers,assistant site managers, site agents and site foremen. This one day course will provide candidates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites. It is designed to meet the basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain are required to prove to major contractors, and covers the environmental aspects of the new touch screen Health, safety ande nvironment test.
What will you learn?
At the end of the course the delegates should:
- Understand the environmental impacts and issues associated with construction activities
- Understand why sustainability issues are important in the context of construction
- Understand their duties with regard to waste management and statutory nuisance
- Understand the requirements on water use, contaminated land and pollution prevention
- Understand the issues of archaeology and heritage in construction
- Understand the systems available to help in environmental management
- What is the environment and why is it important?
- Outline of Environmental Management Systems
- Waste Management
- Pollution prevention and water management
- Good neighbour—Statutory nuisance, communication
- Archaeology and heritage
- Energy and resources
- Being a responsible contractor
Candidates will understand how each issue affects work on construction sites and focus on best practice techniques and legal compliance.
At the end of the course, knowledge is tested by a 25 question multiple-choice test.
Need a course at your organisation?
If you have a group of 6 or more employees requiring training, we can run an Site Environmental Awareness Training course on a private basis, at a venue of your choice on a date that suits you. We can tailor the course to meet your needs and requirements. Contact Book My Course to find out more and get a bespoke quote.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Site Safety Plus CITB Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme Certificate (SEATS). This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
Course fees include course materials, CITB certification and lunch.
Candidates receive a copy of the new GE 700 Environmental section for further reference on site.