This course provides an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites. The course meets the basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain are required to prove to major contractors. It covers the environmental aspects of the new touch-screen Health, Safety and Environment test.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for staff with Management or Supervisory responsibility.
You’ll understand how each of the following issues affects work on construction sites:
- Best practice techniques and legal compliance
- The environment and why it matters
- Environmental management systems
- Waste management
- Pollution prevention and water management
- How to be a good neighbour: statutory nuisance, communication, archaeology and heritage
- Energy and resources
- Being a responsible contractor
Assessment & Award
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
Usually 8.30am - 5.00pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.