Working from heights, whether it is on portable towers, ladders or steps, is potentially very dangerous. The course is aimed at improving knowledge and enhancing ability to use the equipment safely. Working at Height Regulations require all those involved with working at height activities to be competent.
The Training Provider offer this course over 2½ - 3 hours.
Who Should Attend?
Any person required to use or inspect ladders during the course of their work. The course is equally suitable for industry, utilities, services and construction. There are no prerequisites for delegates attending this training course.
At the end of the course delegates will:
- Be aware of relevant workplace legislation
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Know the basic principles for the safe use of ladders and step ladders
- Be able to identify various common defects of ladders and step ladders, and carry out routine inspections
- Course introduction
- HSE Statistics
- Health & Safety Law
- Risk assessment
- Ladder and step ladder safety
- Common defects found with ladders and step ladders
- Course feedback and close
Certification and Assessment
Delegates will receive an In-House certificate of attendance.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
PASMA Mobile Access Towers, Working Safely at Heights