Intended for everyone who needs to carry out general health and safety risk assessments in a range of working environments, such as offices, hotels, government departments, construction sites, retail premises, light industrial, etc. including office managers and supervisors with responsibility for others. Course Content
This one-day course is designed to provide participants with adequate knowledge
and basic skills to allow them to conduct health and safety risk assessments as
required by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. It has
a strong practical basis to enable participants to evaluate their workplace, working
practices and procedures in line with current legislation.
The course structure includes:
• Current H&S situation in the UK
• Overall approach to managing health and safety
• Summary of other relevant regulations requiring specific risk assessment
• Definitions: harm, hazard, risk, control measures
• Identification of hazards and who is at risk
• Hierarchy of control measures, based on principles of prevention
- • Recording and reviewing assessments
Practical risk assessment:
• Group exercise.
• Individual exercise. Objectives
On successful completion of this course, the participants will:
• Understand the main legal requirements for risk assessment and control.
• Understand hazards, risks and the basic principles of risk assessment.
• Be able to carry out, record and review straightforward risk assessments in their
• Be able to identify when specific or more complex risk assessments are required.
• Understand the principles of prevention and be able to identify suitable measures
to remove or adequately control significant risks. Presentation
The course can be tailored to your organisations own working environment, making
all the information immediately relevant and applicable to the participants’ own
Ensuring that your organisation manages risks successfully will help to reduce
sickness and absenteeism, reduce costs such as healthcare, insurance premiums and
compensation claims and minimise the risk of litigation. Course Dates and Location
Courses can be delivered “In-company” if numbers and facilities permit.
The courses are also run on an open basis at our various training venues.
CITB, NEBOSH, IOSH Managing Safely - £70 per day
IOSH Safety for Senior Executives - £250.00
IOSH Working Safely - £150.00
Non-accredited training courses - £50 per day