- Our Qualitative Face Fit Tester Course delivers a minimum of 6 hours of instruction and is designed to instruct up to a maximum of 12 delegates, providing training for those looking to be able to perform qualitative face fit testing for tight fitting RPE (Respiratory Protective Equipment) within their organisation.
- Face fitting is a legal requirement for all tight fitting RPE, and the qualitative face fit test is only to be carried out by a competent person. This means that individuals must have adequate training, knowledge and instruction in order to be able to demonstrate competency. This course aims to give delegates the knowledge and skills required to conduct the testing, in compliance with the relevant legislation and guidance found in HSG53 and HSE282/28.
- Included within this price is an Alpha Solway Qualitative Bitrex Face Fit Testing Kit.
- This course consists of a training room lecture, DVD presentation, written assessment, practical training and assessment.
Who Should Attend?
- This course is suitable for those who manage the RPE in their workplace and have been assigned the responsibility for carrying out in house qualitative face fit testing on their employees/staff or are looking to begin face fitting on a commercial basis.
- At the end of the theory session, delegates will take a short multiple choice test. If delegates successfully pass the test, they will then move onto the practical assessment, where they will be required to conduct a qualitative face fit test on another person under the supervision of the instructor.
- Electronic certificate
Session One (AM)
- Background to Face Fit Testing
- Legislation and Guidance, HSE282/28
- Set-up of Equipment
- The Sensitivity Test
- Fit Test Protocols
- Pass Levels
Session Two (PM)
- Practical Face Fit Testing
- Troubleshooting & Problem Solving
- Fit Test Failures and Re-Tests
- Planning & Managing a Fit Testing Program
- Managing Data