To teach delegates how to effectively and confidently plan, deliver and manage projects.
Delegates who require a basic understanding of how to plan and manage a project. Designed for staff who do not need the intricacies of a PRINCE2 course or for staff who are aiming to attend a PRINCE2 course and wish to learn some prior basic project management skills.
- Learn the principles of good project management
- Plan and manage a project
- Complete necessary project management documentation
- Work as a team to plan, manage and deliver a project
This interactive course will take delegates through the process of planning and managing a project within a team environment. Delegates will work within groups with a Project Manager appointed to lead the group through the project management process.
- Be interactive within this course
- Be given a choice of projects to work on
- Be placed into groups with one person in the group acting as Project Manager
- Work through a 4 stage approach to Project Management
- Complete the necessary documentation for each stage in the project
- Work as a team to reach a successful outcome of their project
Project Management and the Project Life Cycle:
- Stage 1 - Initiation
- Stage 2 - Planning
- Stage 3 - Execution/Control
- Stage 4 - Closing a Project