Playground Inspection - Routine Visual Inspections
OPTION 1 : 1 Day training only
OPTION 2 : 1 Day training & RPII assessment
Who Should Attend
Anyone responsible for carrying out routine visual (daily/weekly) inspections of children's play equipment or play areas.
Those completing the course will be eligible to take the Register of Play Inspectors International assessment for routine visual inspections on the same day (option 2: extra charges apply).
- Option 1: STC certificate of training
- Option 2: STC certificate of training and registration with RPII for routine visual inspections on successful completion of the assessment.
- Introduction to safety
- Playground accidents, types, severity and reasons
- The legal framework for playgrounds and inspections; negligence, case law, Acts of Parliament
- A working knowledge of the European playground standards EN1176 & EN1177
- Types and hierarchy of playground inspections
- Risk assessment
- Principles of risk assessment
- Using risk assessments to make decisions & appropriate follow up actions
- Reporting and paperwork
- How to inspect adequately and safely (including approaches to playgrounds; playground surroundings; and the active playground area, including non-play items)
- Common faults with popular equipment
- Practical on-site inspection
- Optional RPII assessment