This course is aimed at Registered child minders, nursery, crèche or school staff, and those working in a childcare setting who need to meet OFSTED requirements – in particular the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Planning for, and dealing with, first aid emergencies involving babies and children
- Unconsciousness and resuscitation of babies and children
- Minor cuts, bites, stings, bleeding and shock
- Anaphylactic shock
- Broken bones and sprains
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Effects of extreme heat and cold including febrile convulsions
- Contamination and injury to the eyes and foreign objects in the ears and nose
- Other medical conditions including epilepsy, asthma, diabetes, meningitis and sickle cell anaemia
Participants will develop a number of basic first aid skills and will be awarded a ‘Paediatric First Aid’ certificate valid for 3 years.
12 Hours (training contact time)