Introduces the fundamentals of occupational health and safety; providing a foundation in environmental management. Beneficial to any UK based business it covers UK environmental laws and standardised management methods such as ISO 14001.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, supervisors and individuals with responsibility for managing environmental issues
- Those seeking to progress to the NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management
- Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) consultants/officers
Learning Outcomes: NEBOSH Environmental Certificate:
- Able to understand environmental management systems
- Identify sources of energy and consider energy efficiency
- Hazards and controls associated with air, land, water and waste
- Deploy planning methods for management of environmental emergencies
- Conduct environmental impact assessments
What does the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate course cover?
EC1: Management and Control of Environmental Aspects
1. Foundations in environmental management
2. Environmental management systems
3. Environmental impact assessments
4. Control of emissions to air
5. Control of contamination of water resources
6. Control of waste and land use
7. Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
8. Control of environmental noise
9. Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
EC2 : Environmental impact assessment inspection and report
- 4 days - Trainer Led Learning
- 1 day - Exam
The award of NEBOSH Environmental Certificate requires a pass in the following two units
- NEC1 – Examination paper (120 mins)
- NEC2 – Preparation of a report of own workplace*
* must be submitted with 14 days of the NEC1 examination
This NEBOSH course is being offered by BookMyCourse Ltd in association with NEBOSH accredited course provider M108SR - registered centre number 402.
This course is carried out using a mixture of online training and a classroom exam