This is a unit supplement to the NEBOSH General Certificate NGC1 comprising of two week’s formal tuition concluding with a written examination and a practical assessment*.
See it as an endorsement to your existing valuable NEBOSH qualification which extends your competence and capability to this important topic.
To be eligible you must possess a Paper NGC1 pass in the General Certificate current within the last five years. If you are out of time we can arrange to refresh your existing certificate by helping you re-sit Paper NGC1 to the new syllabus; ask for details.
If you don’t hold the NEBOSH General Certificate NGC1 call us to discuss options.
On this programme you will learn about:
- Main legal requirements relating to health and safety in UK construction work
- Identification and control of construction workplace hazards, and the practical application of this knowledge
- Construction law and management
- Construction activity hazards and control
- Movement of people and vehicles
- Manual and mechanical handling
- Work equipment
- Fire, electrical, chemical and biological hazards
- Physical and psychological health hazards and control
- Working at height
- Excavation work
- Demolition hazards and control
The written examination (NCC1) completes the two weeks of study.
*Candidates will need to find a suitable site for the practical assessment (NCC2) - a safety inspection of a construction workplace. This element of the assessment needs to be completed and returned to us within two weeks of the written examination.
Everyone attending the programme will get a comprehensive reference manual covering, in depth, all of the subjects included in the training programme.
We won’t leave you stranded when it comes to the final test. Throughout the programme our trainers will help you to prepare for the examination by developing your question reading and answering technique. This attention to the finer detail of the examination ensures that most of our Certificate level candidates pass first time.