NEBOSH Health & Safety at Work Award
Do you need to understand the principles of health & safety as part of your role?
The NEBOSH Health & Safety at Work Award is a 3 day course aimed at at anyone who needs to understand the principles of health & safety as part of their role including:
-Team Leaders/ Supervisors
-Those working with young people in a training environment
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work has been developed to be “broadly comparable” to a vocationally related qualification (VRQ) at level 2 in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) (comparable to GCSE standard).
VRQs are nationally recognised, flexible qualifications that offer a route for academic and career progression. They are designed to provide practical skills as well as subject knowledge.
What will I learn?
The course consists of two units: ‘Workplace Safety Foundations’ and ‘Workplace Risk Assessment Activity’.
"Workplace Safety Foundations" covers the foundations of health & safety including:
- Responsibilities for health & safety
- The principles of risk assessment and control
- Hazards and controls in the following areas: work equipment, transport, electricity, fire, manual handling, hazardous substances and the working environment
- Assessed by a 1 hour, 40 question, multiple choice test paper
"Workplace Risk Assessment Activity" requires candidates to complete a 1 hour practical workplace risk assessment to demonstrate:
- The abilities to identify workplace hazards
- Determine the adequacy of existing controls
- Make prioritised recommendations for additional controls
- Determine an appropriate review date
Candidates need to successfully complete both units within a two year period to obtain the overall qualification.
This NEBOSH course is being offered by BookMyCourse Ltd in association with NEBOSH accredited course provider T224SA - registered centre number 807.