NEBOSH National General Certificate
NEBOSH is the leading health and safety awarding body in the UK and its qualifications are
recognised and respected by employers in both public and private sectors. This highly accredited course provides a broad knowledge in the Management of Occupational Health and Safety.
Who Should Attend?
This qualification is suitable for Managers, Supervisors and those looking to progress in the Health and Safety field.
- Foundations in health and safety
- Organising for health and safety
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Risk Assessment
- Principles of control
- Monitoring, review and audit
- Incident and accident investigation, recording and reporting
- Understanding ‘loss control and accident prevention’
- Concept of the ‘near miss’
- Accident reporting and investigation
- RIDDOR 95
- Differences between civil/criminal law as they effect health and safety
- Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Employers and employees duties under the HaSaW Act 1974
- Powers of inspectors
- How to find and use safety information
- Role of courts and tribunals
- ACOPs and guidance notes
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and HS(G)65
- Safety management systems
- Emergency preparation and first aid
- Managing contractors and the supply chain
- Risk assessment
- Safe systems/permit to work
- Safety consultation (committees and forums)
- Monitoring safety performance
- Safety inspections
- Safety auditing
- Human factors and behaviour based safety.
Assessment and Certification:
At the end of this course, delegates will sit 1x written examination.
Successful candidates will be awarded the NEBOSH NGC1 Certificate which forms part of the NEBOSH National General qualification.
Course Times: Registration is at 7:45 for an 8:00 start