To enable people to manage workplace health and safety risks effectively. In low risk environments, a NEBOSH General Certificate will provide sufficient understanding of fundamental health and safety risks and methods of applying health and safety law.
It is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK.
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, supervisors and individuals with health and safety responsibility
- Business Owners seeking to develop a health and safety culture
- Understand the key legal elements of a health and safety policy
- Advise on methods of controlling workplace hazards and risks
- Apply safe systems of work, reporting and effective communication
- Identify ill health and safety risks and management solutions
- Explain and deploy the process of reporting and investigating accidents in the workplace
What does the NEBOSH General Certificate course cover?
NGC1 : The Management of Health and Safety
1. Foundations in Health & Safety Element
2. Health & Safety Policy
3. Organising for Health & Safety
4. Promoting a Positive Health & Safety
5. Risk Assessment
6. Principles of Control
7. Monitoring, Review and Audit
8. Incident and Accident Investigation, Recording and Reporting
GC2 : Controlling Workplace Hazards
1. Movement of People and Vehicles
2. Manual and Mechanical Handling
3. Work Equipment
6. Chemical and Biological Hazards
7. Physical and Psychological Health Hazards
8. Construction Activities
GC3 : Health and Safety Practical Application (workplace inspection and report writing)
- 10 days – Trainer Led Learning (5 days NGC1, 5 days NGC2)
- 1 day – Trainer Led Revision
- Plus examinations and the practical test/report
In addition to the above, an element of self-study will be required
The course is modular. The award of NEBOSH General Certificate requires a pass in the following three modules
- NGC1 – Examination paper (120 mins)
- GC2 – Examination paper (120 mins)
- GC3 – Practical test - a workplace safety inspection (30 mins) and preparation of a report following the inspection (90 mins)
Candidates who have successfully passed any of the following, within the last 5 years will be exempt from NGC1 Examination and Unit :
- NEBOSH National General Certificate Paper A1
- NEBOSH National Diploma Unit A
- NEBOSH Diploma Part 1
- NEBOSH Diploma Part 2
This NEBOSH course is being offered by BookMyCourse Ltd in association with NEBOSH accredited course provider M108SR - registered centre number 402.
This course is carried out online.