In this course, students will create, manage, revise, and distribute long documents.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for persons who want to gain skills necessary to manage long documents, collaborate with others, and secure documents. In addition, it will be helpful for persons preparing for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist exams for Microsoft Office Word 2010.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use Microsoft Office Word 2010 with other programs - Collaborate on documents - Manage document versions - Add reference marks and notes - Make long documents easier to use - Secure a document - Create forms - Use XML in Word
Word 2010 - Level 1 Word 2010 - Level 2
Lesson 1: Using Word 2010 with Other Programs
- Link a Word Document to Data in an Excel Worksheet - Send a Document Outline to Microsoft Office PowerPoint - Send a Document as an Email Message
Lesson 2: Collaborating on Documents
- Modify User Information - Save and Share a Document for Review - Review a Document - Compare and Merge Document Changes - Review Track Changes and Comments - Co-author a Document
Lesson 3: Managing Document Versions
- Create a New Version of a Document - Compare Document Versions - Merge Document Versions
Lesson 4: Adding Reference Marks and Notes
- Insert Bookmarks - Insert Footnotes and Endnotes - Add Hyperlinks - Add Cross-References - Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Making Long Documents Easier to Use
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages - Insert an Index - Insert Table of Figures, Table of Authorities and Table of Contents - Create a Master Document Automatically Summarize a Document
Lesson 6: Securing a Document
- Update a Document's Properties, Hide Text - Remove Personal Information from a Document - Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions - Add a Digital Signature to a Document - Set a Password for a Document - Restrict Document Access
Lesson 7: Creating Forms
- Add Form Fields to a Document - Protect a Form - Save Form Data as Plain Text - Automate a Form
Lesson 8: Using XML in Word
- Tag an Existing Document, Transform an XML Document
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.