In this course, students will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft® Office Word 2010.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Microsoft Word to perform their dayto-day responsibilities, and who want to use the application to be more productive in their work. It provides the fundamental knowledge and techniques needed to advance to using more complex Word features such as protecting your documents and usage of ligatures.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and work with basic Word 2010 tools and features - Edit text in a Word document - Modify the appearance of text in a Word document - Insert special characters and graphical objects - Organize data in tables - Proof a Word document - Control the appearance of pages in a Word document - Print a Word document
Students should be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard. Students should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computer. Specifically, students should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word 2010
- Identify the Components of the Word Interface - Customize the Word Interface - Display a Document in Different Views - Enter Text in a Document - Save a Document
Lesson 2: Editing Text in a Word Document
- Select,Modify, Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Modifying the Appearance of Text in a Word Document
- Apply Character Formatting - Align Text Using Tabs, Display Text as List Items - Modify the Layout of a Paragraph - Apply Styles, Apply Borders and Shading - Manage Formatting
Lesson 4: Inserting Special Characters and Graphical Objects
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters - Add Illustrations to a Document
Lesson 5: Organizing Data in Tables
- Insert a Table - Modify a Table - Format a Table - Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Proofing a Word Document
- Check Spelling and Grammar - Use the Thesaurus
Lesson 7: Controlling the Appearance of Pages in a Word Document
- Apply a Page Border and Colour - Add a Watermark - Add Headers and Footers
Lesson 8: Printing Word Documents
- Control Page Layout - Preview and Print a Document
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.