This intensive, hands-on one-day training course has been designed to give a solid understanding of Publisher’s large collection of templates and required basic skills, to set delegates on the path towards creating professional publications with ease. Who Should Attend?
The course is intended for people with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word who need to learn how to use Microsoft Publisher to create, layout, and edit publications. Note: Delegates should be familiar with using a PC in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on their computers. Course Outline:
Getting Started with Publisher
- Identify the Components of the Publisher Interface
- Customise the Publisher Interface
- Create a Basic Publication
- Add Content to a Publication Modifying the Layout and Structure of a Publication
- Import Text into a Publication
- Organise Text Boxes and Picture Placeholders in a Layout
- Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Insert Common Layout Elements
- Use Building Blocks Formatting Text in a Publication
- Format Text
- Format Paragraphs
- Apply Paragraph Styles
- Apply Schemes Editing Content in a Publication
- Edit Text in a Publication
- Present Content in Tables
- Review Text in a Publication
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters Formatting Graphics in a Publication
- Customise the Appearance of Pictures
- Add Graphical Objects to a Publication Preparing a Publication for Distribution
- Check the Design of a Publication
- Save a Publication for Distribution
- Preview and Print a Publication
- Send a Publication by Email
Please note that this training can focus on either Microsoft versions 2007, 2010 or 2013 - please state at the time of enquiry which version you would like this training to be held on.
Delegates can also bring their own device to take the training on - please state that you wish to do this at the time of booking so that we can inform the training provider.
This course can be offered both as an open course and as a one-to-one private session with the trainer.