Students will explore the PowerPoint environment and create a presentation. Students will add graphical objects to a presentation and modify them. Students will also add tables and charts to a presentation to present data in a structured form.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for students who are interested in learning the fundamentals needed to create and modify basic presentations using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the components of the PowerPoint 2010 interface - Create a presentation - Format text on slides - Add graphical objects to a presentation - Modify graphical objects in a presentation - Work with tables in a presentation - Add charts to a presentation - Prepare to deliver a presentation
Students should be familiar with using personal computers and have used a mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on your computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint
- Identify Elements of the User Interface - View and Save a Presentation - Use Microsoft PowerPoint Help
Lesson 2: Creating a Basic Presentation
- Select a Presentation Type - Enter and Edit Text - Format Text Placeholders - Add and Arrange Slides to a Presentation - Work with Themes
Lesson 3: Formatting Text on Slides
- Apply Character Styles and Format Paragraphs
Lesson 4: Adding Graphical Objects to a Presentation
- Insert Images into a Presentation, Add Shapes - Adding Visual Style to Text in a Presentation
Lesson 5: Modifying Graphical Objects in Presentations
- Edit, Format, Group and Arrange Graphical Objects on a Slide - Apply an Animation Effect to a Graphical Object
Lesson 6: Working With Tables
- Insert and Format Tables - Import Tables from Other Microsoft Office Applications
Lesson 7: Working With Charts
- Insert and Modify Charts - Import Charts from Other Microsoft Office Applications
Lesson 8: Preparing to Deliver a Presentation
- Review the Content of a Presentation - Divide a Presentation into Sections - Add Transitions - Add Speaker Notes - Print a Presentation - Deliver a Presentation
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.