In this course, students will work with the new and updated features of Microsoft Office 2010.
Who Should Attend?
Users with prior experience of previous versions of Microsoft Office suite who are looking to transition to 2010 and want to know what are the new features of Office 2010.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: - Identify features common to all applications in the Microsoft Office suite. - Modify documents using Microsoft Office Word 2010. - Present spreadsheet data using Microsoft Office Excel 2010. - Create Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 presentations. - Work with databases using Microsoft Office Access 2010. - Work with the new features in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010. - Share Microsoft Office 2010 files.
Level 1 knowledge of prior versions of the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook).
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2010
- Identify the User Interface - Work with Contextual Tabs - Save Files
Lesson 2: Modifying Documents Using Microsoft Office Word 2010
- Use the Navigation Pane - Work with SmartArt Graphics - Compare Reviewed Documents
Lesson 3: Working with Spreadsheets Using Microsoft Office Excel 2010
- Identify the Enhancements to Excel 2010 - Apply Conditional Formatting - Apply a Formula - Create Charts - Create PivotTables and PivotCharts - Share Excel Charts
Lesson 4: Creating Dynamic Presentations Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010
- Apply Picture Effects to Presentations - Apply Themes - Add Videos to a Presentation - Divide a Presentation into Sections - Customize Slide Shows - Broadcast a Presentation
Lesson 5: Working with Databases Using Microsoft Office Access 2010
- Create a Table - Create a Form - Design a Form Layout - Query a Database - Generate Reports - Work with External Data
Lesson 6: Working with Microsoft Office Outlook 2010
- Manage Mail Messages - Locate Information Quickly - Share Calendar Information - Share Information Using an Electronic Business Card - Set an Out of Office Notification - Add RSS Feeds Through Outlook 2010
Lesson 7: Sharing Microsoft Office 2010 Files
- Protect Files - Share Files Using Office Web Apps
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.