In this course students will use the new and enhanced features in Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for experienced Excel users who have worked with earlier versions of Microsoft Office Excel, ideally Microsoft Office Excel 2003, and who are planning to upgrade to Microsoft Office Excel 2010.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the elements of the Microsoft Office Excel 2010 environment. - Organize data in Excel worksheets. - Analyze Excel data by sorting, filtering, and conditionally formatting it. - Present Excel data using charts, illustrations and PivotTables. - Use Office Web Apps.
Students must have prior knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel 2003 or Excel XP on the Windows operating system.
Lesson 1: Identifying the Elements of the Excel 2010 Environment
- Identify the User Interface Elements - Identify the Ribbon Components - Use Contextual Tabs - Use Excel Galleries - Customize the Excel Interface
Lesson 2: Organizing Data
- Identify the Enhancements to Excel 2010 Spreadsheets - Insert Tables - Format Tables
Lesson 3: Analysing Data
- Apply Conditional Formatting - Sort Data in a Spreadsheet - Filter Data in a Spreadsheet - Apply a Formula
Lesson 4: Presenting Data
- Create Charts - Format Charts - Work with Illustrations - Create PivotTables and PivotCharts - Share Excel Charts - Save Data in Compatible Formats
Lesson 5: Using Office Web Apps
- Save Excel Spreadsheets to the Web - Access andWork with Spreadsheets on the Web
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.